Sunday, November 25, 2007

Who dares Facebook?

The latest craze in online social utilities seems to be Facebook. I'm not the sort of fellow who spends hours on end online. But after several of my friends raved about it, I finally decided to try it out.

Although I use less than 10% of facebook's various tools and functionality, I have already hooked up with several of my long lost friends thanks to it's vast reach and great search engines. I find it to be a great "friend locator" than anything else.

There are some who registers but avoids putting their profile details including photographs due to privacy concerns. Maybe they have a point,.. but I guess without such profile details, it defeats the whole purpose.

1 comment:

නුවර කුමාරි said...

Yeah.. true , even though i met my old buddies though FB I also don't like my profile pics to be open to many. FB is full of Gossips and sometimes its becomes a headache :D